CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

AlegriaDolores

For this one, you choose two opposing aspects of your personalities and make them separate characters. (Violet and Claire, anyone?). Give them gender, age, name. I made them into a mother and daughter, reminiscent of my own mom and me.



Dolores. Middle aged. Main character. My mom.


I am Dolores.
I am Diabetic.
I am Fat.
I am Tired.
Nobody loves me.
I give I give I give
And for what?
Look at my daughter,
She throws her life
Away. She
Doesn’t listen to my
Advice.
Once I saw a picture of the Virgin Mary
With Seven Swords piercing her heart.
Mother of Sorrows, it was called.
That’s me,
Madre Dolorosa.



Alegria


Daughter in her thirties. Impact character. Me.


I am Alegria. Joy.
I am young and strong.
My lungs were born weak
But I have learned to make them work.
I think my mother used to be happy.
She gave that name to me
And I am that thing,
A glow in the dark,
A low hum in the silence.
She also gave me thick veins
That strangle my legs
But I make my legs run.
I love I love I love
And look,
There she is, despite her best efforts
To stay angry,
A lip curling into a smile.

0 comments: